Update: I submitted my first entry. I would be much obliged if you would take a look at it in it’s full splendour, leave a comment - or two - or if you add it to your Koinup favourites. Photo-whoring? Me? Nah… ;) And if you have a photograph in the contest too, let me know, I’ll return the favour.
Use Second Life photography - or snapshotting, if you really must - to show what is the most ‘exotic’ thing of your Second Life and get L$ 20,000. Not that hard, you say? Well, you first need to convince the jury - notorious SL blogger/journalist Hamlet Au, Mario Gerosa and the Koinup Community that yours is with the three best submissions.
C’mon, everything is Second Life is different from that sphere our humans reside, so this can not be to difficult? Just find the thing that’s most exotic to you: be it prim breasts, a baby furry or having texture teeth and still having to brush them. Just don’t go with a silly picture with a obviously non-exotic belly dancer and palm trees, will you? ;)
If you’re all new to the SL photography stuff, use the ’snapshot’ function and read up on my tutorials on how to actually use this. If you’re not familiar with photoshop or the gimp, you might consider reading up on how to prevent objects you do not own from appearing in the snapshot.
How to get your 20k L$:
- Submissions will be taken from February 14 till March 6.
- Submissions must be uploaded to Koinup. Register here. (*coughs* Can I have an affliate program, please? ;))
- Maximum 2 submissions / avatar participating. (I guess those are avatars, not humans.)
- Add the tag ‘exoticcontest’ to you photographs.
- You may use WindLight and post-process. (I guess the photo editing freaks have a slight advantage here. Although that’s a bit equalled out by WindLight. I’m confusing myself here. Disregard all this.)
- Submissions can’t be photos already hosted on Koinup. (This kinda sucks. I uploaded my best already to Koinup. So no shoe-boxing it is.)
Two of the winning photographs will be chosen by jury duty, one by Koinup’s measuring system for popularity, which is - to me - as obscure* as Flickr’s interestingness. I do assume that the sooner you submit, and the more you ‘network’, the more likely you are to fetch that price.
Good luck to all, may the best win, you can look at your fellow competitors’ works by searching Koinup for the exoticcontest tag.
* not in a bad way. I just didn’t figure it out yet. ;)