Who’s a Flickr Group
whore escort? Now, c’mon, don’t be afraid, and raise your hands. You’re not a Flickr Group Whore you say? Right. Check your Flickr photographs. How many groups are they in? Above the 5 groups / photograph on average? Yep, no point denying, you’re cheap all right! ;) But no damage done. Really. Even, the whoring part just has become a whole lot more easy, thanks to a nice discovery made by The Boss: a neat little Greasemonkey Flickr Multi Group Sender script to add to your FireFox extensions. Yeey, it’s an incredible handy time saver!
Greasemonkey Flickr Multi Group Sender
How do we use this user friendly goodness that allows us to send a photograph to multiple Flickr groups at the same time?
- Make sure you are using FireFox. (Learn: Neat things are NEVER made for Internet Explorer! Never thought I’d refer to MS (crappy) support pages, but here you go.)
- Download and install the Flickr Multi Group Sender script. (one click)
- Go to one the page of the photograph - your photograph, of course - you want to submit to multiple Flickr groups at the same time.
- Click the ’send to group’ icon above your Flickr photograph: your new and improved submission window opens. Notice it does not load group icons and all the fancy stuff, so it’s way quicker.
- Use CTRL + left mouseclick to select all the groups you want to submit your photo to. (a few clicks, depending on how ‘whoring’ you feel like doing today)
- Press ‘add photograph’. Your photograph is added to those Flickr Group Pools, and you even get a neat report for which groups this worked and for which this failed.
Some more ‘neatyness’ about the Flickr Multi Group Sender:
1.) If you check ‘Save this group selection’ and then press ‘add photograph’, next time you want to submit a photograph to the same pools, you just need to select the setting for the selection of groups from the drop down menu. Ideal for making ‘fashion groups’, ‘art groups’, ‘get your silly on’, … group collections presets. This is going to save you tons of precious time!
2.) To long a Flickr group list? Not sure which letter that group starts with? Not good at doing that
abcdeeurr… alphabet thing? Don’t worry, group search is here! In the upper box, type a part of the group’s name you’re searching for - SL does not really help, still to much results! ;) - and press ’search’. The results - with amongst them probably the group you’re looking for - will show up. To go back to the overview, simple press ‘reset’.
I bet installing this beauty named ‘Flickr Multi Group Sender’ will save you tons of precious time, which you now can spend commenting on my Flickr Photographs. TY very mucho! ;)