November 11, 2007 10:42 am
Yep. Today I’m officially 1 year and a day old. Although Kean already warned me by wishing me a Happy Rezday on 10/11, I forgot it was near and was happily surprised when my old friends from the Paradise Lost were the first ones to deliver their best wishes on 11/10. Hence, no big celebration for the one year old Vint. Maybe we can throw a huge party if I live to being two years old? ;)
As time in Second Life moves fast, there is a lot of stuff I did - and enjoyed tremendiously. And when realising that, it’s neat to have a blog, so you can look back. So highlights for every month of my meta-existence:
- November 2006 - Logged in. Found Second Life to be boring. Left.
- December 2006 - Now, there must be _something_ interesting there, if everybody speaks that highly about SL. The human sends Vint back into SL and eventually Vint ends up at the Paradise Lost and makes great friends there.
- Januari 2007 - Helena gives me a place to live on, I discover Rob Danton’s studio and Second Life photography starts to get interesting. Want to see a picture of a very n00bish Vint? Funny thing is, when I took that, I didn’t figure out of how change camera view drastically, so I have none of my face from that era of my SLife. =)
- Februari 2007 - The first tutorials on SL photography get posted and I model for RightasRain Rimboud. That is also were I decided being a model in Second Life was not one of my aspirations, although I still love the pictures he took. I take my first steps on Flickr as a Second Life avie.
- March 2007 - I get to know Veyron, Tiessa, Pieter, Dakota, October, Codie, … and move to Scheherazade. In the meanwhile, I discovered guns in Second Life are utter fun.
- April 2007 - On demand of Dolmere I post my first not a meme on ’secrets’. In the mean time, I start to dress neko - just a fashion statement at that time - and Bella teaches me how to do machinima so I can film my egg. First Flickr mail exchange with Smiley Barry, Second Life Teen Grid Resident.
- May 2007 - A good month, in which WindLight is released, things don’t seem to work out between Vincent and me and Kris starts to work on the FlickrViewer. Scary things: the first words involving Age Verification appear on the LL blog and people starting to think of all child avatars as ‘wrong’.
- June 2007 - Is mainly dominated by the SLelections, for which I teamed up with Myg and Wrath and setting everything up for the Second Life Birthday Event.
- July 2007 - End of the SLelections, call out for photographs for SLart at the Cannery, discussing respecting privacy in Second Life or not and the human abandoning me for a while.
- August 2007 - My photographs at the Code Red Gallery - never sold something, though, I think -, and OpenSim gets more and more interesting. Ow, and I tried to have SLex with Dalien.
- September 2007 - astonished by the sudden VAT decision Linden Lab made and by now really getting tired of Prok, suffered a make-over by Veyron - which didn’t last very long. Won the Second Life Blogger’s logo design contest organised by Zoe and reached 2k comments on this blog.
- October 2007 - Hosted an SL Bloggers party together with Codie and we gave away a free Flickr Pro account to celebrate we both have +50k views on Flickr and forced the human to go to a real life second life meeting.
- November 2007 - The first SLart at the Cannery exhibition ends and working on my shop at Bruges. To be continued… ;)
Hmmm. I could not list everybody and everything. But I did such a large amount of fun, challenging and interesting stuff and met that much of witty, friendly and lovely avatars, that I can say ‘it was a good first year’ and let there be many more like this! ;)
And I tried, but I really can’t remember when Nephie and I first met. I think it was at the Paradise Lost and I really loved her - hooded - outfit and told her so, but I don’t remember a date or month. :(