Nobody Fugazi just posted ‘If Linden Lab ran The United States with amongst others: ‘There would be no invasion and/or occupation of foreign countries. People would just buy new simulators‘ and an excellent - but anonymous - reply of ‘Anyone could be executed, their estate seized, and their possessions repossessed with or without reason and at the sole discretion of Linden Lab‘. I’d like to broaden this a bit and say ‘If Linden Lab ran Real Life‘, as we don’t all live in the USA.
If Linden Lab were to run First Life
- Healthcare would only be available to Premium Residents. Others will continue to keep filing support request to no avail.
- Priority and government funding is given to the development of Augmented Life Cocoons, where as finding cures for existing diseases such as AIDS, tuberculosis , … are left to the residents. If the cure is found, Linden Government make no hurry to dispense medicines or vaccinations.
- Birth rates go up, which is proof of good government. Independent news sources report however, that lack of decent care causes more than 80% of the newborns to die during their first 24 hours.
- Stress is not on climate changes or preserving natural resources but on trying to increase the maximum amount of humans earth can sustain at this moment in time.
- Kids are separated from there parents at birth, to live on different continents until the age of 18. A communications & trade embargo with the ‘Teens Continent’ is kept in place.
- First travellers arrived on Mars, sadly enough without supplies.
- World®, Earth® and Global® became registered trademarks to Linden Lab®.
- Life slows down to 10 to 30fps, according to your budget.
- There is no more fear of rising sea levels, as Linden Lab officials can adjust that at will.
- Your social network is limited to 25 groups.