Yeah, I honestly promise, I won’t run off with one of the prizes in this Koinup Photography Contest, as I’m on jury duty. And I’m in one hell of a company: Pastrami Linden - one of the original WindLight developers and currently Windlight Team Manager - and Torley Linden - the WindLight uber-fan and well known guru of Second Life Arts and Aesthetics.
So show us your best WindLight settings! Did you know WindLight can not just do great scenery but also give your virtual photographs an incredible sense of depth? If you shoot at early morning, or just before sunset, the ’sun’ is low, which means you get great shadings on your avatar, what gets rid of the ‘flat’ overall lightning (diffuse) we had before WindLight. Personally, when shooting in evening light, I like to tone down the redness a bit - or boost the blue. But of course, that’s personal preference. ;)
Rules are simple:
- In order to take part in this contest, you must have an account on Koinup. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
- All the submissions in the contest must be tagged with this tag: windlightcontest (copy this tag and paste it in your entries)
- Submissions can’t be photos already hosted on Koinup. So please, publish new works!
- Each participant can submit only two photos. But pay attention to this: If you enter two submissions, use two different WindLight settings and shoot them in two different regions. (Note from Vint: If we need to play ’search for the two differences’ on your submissions, you did not follow this rule correctly! ;))
- Some kind of post-processing is allowed, but remember: the contest is about WindLight. Excessive post-editing with psp (and other photo-editor) won’t be appreciated.
- Photos have to remain on Koinup after the end of the contest. Obviously you are free to share them also on other websites!
- Entering the contest implies the acceptance of these rules.
Here you go if you want to re-read the rules, or get a Koinup account. And take a look at your competition here.
Not a photographer, but still want to create and/or win something? I’m still offering a 10k L$ bounty for best trademark parody. You may photograph, build, sing, do acrobatics… whatever. As long as it’s original and close to hilarious! ;) Oh, and the Greenie Postcard contest deadline is postponed until the 27th of April, because the Surfline ft. SLSA Surfing event got postponed too. Happy contesting to all! :p