September 29, 2008 9:37 pm
M. Linden on the official Linden Blog says we - err.. Linden Lab & the grid - are doing fine: ‘All are indications that Second Life is becoming more relevant, more usable and more reliable.‘
We should be delighted about:
- Peak concurrency of 71,232. (+38% compared to 2007)
- Daily user-to-user transactions in Linden Dollars continue their steady climb.
- Viewer crash rates have declined.
- Database/network/simulator outages are down substantially.
Promises & upcoming releases:
- A viewer that is new user friendly. (Let’s hope they took a look at the User Design Interface contest submissions.)
- The Department of Public Works will continue to spend our taxes.
- By the end of the year, the Second Life viewer will be fully localized for all the major markets.
- Product focus. (On what did not get mentioned. Neither what the actual ‘product’ is.)
Things M Linden forgot to mention:
- Communications towards users are down substantially.
Philip’s hair did not get fixed. Land prices.
- Age verification and it’s status & the Teen Grid’s future.
Anything else - positive or negative - M missed? =)