It’s (still) alive! Not just ‘Vint’ but also ‘Rezzable’. It has been a bit more quiet lately, leading to a lot of questions like “what are you guys working on?”, “helloooooo… anybody out there?!!!” and - in my case - trillions of capped IM’s. But, today there was a small step for Vint - logging into Second Life again - and a small step for Rezzable - opening it’s ‘Virtual King Tut Special Preview’. With the crème de la (virtual) crème such as Miss LT, Pavig, Ordinal, LightWaves, Foolish, My, Alejandro, Beatrix and many others building, scripting and banging on random grid parts, it’s as expected: Impressive.
To visit yourself, pass by the VW Directory Location or use this TP link to Kings Rezzable. Don’t forget to snapshot good and plenty and submit all those shots to the Rezzable Flickr Group! Remarks, suggestions and “We Love You!’s” may be send via email, comments on the respective blogposts or VW location or you can do me a huge favour and fill out this quick survey after visiting. I know there is no special field to tell us how much you love exactly, but you can put that in the general suggestions one. ;)
Glad to be sort off - be it temporarily - ‘back’,
Silence. I should feel guilty, I know. I kinda do even. Especially when I get email enquiring if I’m still alive - *pinches herself* Yep!!! -, asking me if all is well - yeah, awesomeness! - and asking me when I’ll write something again - err.. now?. But I have a few excuses:
- I’m stuck on 3G/GPRS in the evenings. Which is better than no internet - imagine! scary, no? - but still sucks. Stuff to read loads slowly, image quality is terrible and uploading stuff or logging into Second Life or an OpenSim grid is something I can only dream about.
- This is London! It’s like… hmm… how do I put this. The entire mainland filled with art galleries instead of ad farms, fascinating people in stead of campers, events in stead of abandoned areas, 12 times as many shoe & clothing shops and… err.. well, the transport system is just as flaky I guess. But anyway, this tends to keep me busy.
- The fact that I do need to revive my RL flickr stream in combination with the above “This is London! Woot!” overload of things to do, see & capture, makes I spend the time I can’t spend inSL capturing & playing around with RL pixels. Some more proof of that on Flickr of course.
- RL friends are coming over to London this weekend! (so, don’t get your hopes up to high about me reading up on SL stuff the next few days)
Anyway, I try to read a select group of SL news items still, answer email, Plurk, … but I’ll have a lot of catching up to do when Broadband has arrived at the new residence. I’ll trust you to help me with that when fast-internet-times have finally come! ;) But err, actually, I just wanted to show some images of Lokum & me on our ‘Buy /meloves Prim Tshirts! Mission‘. (I haz a pink & grey one. Going to try and collect them all! ;))
Ok, I’m new to London, and I might not have figured the whole “e-groceries” thing out, but this truly confuses me. An “eCoupon” from Tesco, received in my inbox today, and time stamped “24 maart 2009 16:50″:
(direct to large size, or if you don’t believe me, here’s the webpage equivalent)
I replied to Kendra Banks, Marketing Director with my questions, but no extra information on why in the UK “March” comes before “February” or on what kind of day “31 February 2009″ is was supplied yet. ;( Now, how do I get my 10£ so I can ‘enjoy spending it’?! Or is this just a very effective way to dupe your customers into buying something without having to give them their discount?
I would love to take you up on this offer, but, could you please advise how I can use this coupon I receive today before the 31st of February 2009 if ..
1. We’re March 2009.
2. A “February 31″ has never existed as far as I know. February only goes up to 28 - an exceptional 29. Really, you should look it up on the wikipedia!
A confused Tesco customer