When I was young, it seemed that life was so wonderful, a miracle, oh it was beautiful. Magical.
Getting older in Second Life feels a bit like that: although there is a constant inflow of people - and their creations - that don’t cease to amaze you, there is less amazement than in the first months and year you’re virtually alive. You’ve seen more, done more, have more or less an idea about technical limits, have watched things evolve, participated in a lot of different things, are less easily ’surprised’ and can’t seem to forget your disappointment about LL screwing over their customers. Ah, well. That and you loose contact with some of the older ones, your earliest friends, that could still surprise you, but that you just don’t meet up with often anymore. Lack of time, sometimes even lack of engagement. I apologise!
So my Rezzday was one of nostalgia overdose, lots of my current friends & ‘SL acquaintances’ (*waves* at the Plurk-gang), but also a herd of my ‘Second Life’ past, that suddenly showed up again. So unbelievable nice! I share my Rezzday with both GoSpeed Racer as well as Veyron Supercharge, so the party at Plasma City became their party too. And all of the sudden, even more incredible people arrived, and the party lasted longer than expected. Huge credits go to DJ Xaxoqual Mandelbrot - a lovely swan - for coming to my rescue when I was in dying need of a DJ, for putting up with us for so long, and for playing great beats and lovely electronic sounds! And even more credits to the crowd - and Eshi’s particles - as without great attendees, no great party! Thank you all for dropping by, especially if you’re in one of those twisted non-Euro timezones! ;) I can honestly say that my 2nd Rezzday was magical, and it was absolutely awesome to have that feeling back again!
And of course, I got a bunch of lovely Rezzday Gifts, I’ll try to list them all here:
- 2 VIP tickets to the sold out I Love Techno 2008(which is tonight) from Miss Kynne Llewellyn. She also gave me the cutest Doggy Sweater you’ve ever seen! (by S-Berlin) And a pretty snap! Woot. :d
- Kirasha Urqhart got me a - long desired - Ordinal Wilks&Co Vertical Clock-Loading Pistol (more on that here): “I probably should have mentioned that if I offer to buy you a gift and you tell me exactly what you want, I’m likely to get it for you. ;-D”
- Gany got me a pair of utterly cute ‘Barbed Mittens’ from [HM] so I can pretend to be one tough neko girl.
- Samsara Nishi gave me a unique preview of her newest release, the Felicity Outfit, wearing the dress in the photograph we’re I’m slow dancing with Winter.
- I got new decoration for in the skybox from Mr. Peter Stindberg, the Quintos Chronometer from GREENE concept, his own brand. I wonder if that is a hint re: time management? ;)
- I got a fatpack of Metamorph Brass Gears from - of course - the Master of Virtual Gears Crap Mariner.
- And a lovely Mechanical Heart - which I’ll always wear close to my heart ;) - by LC Weird Creations from Mr Raul Crimson. I recently discovers it actually opens and stuff (probably why it says ’scripted’) so need to do further testing on that one! ;)
- Mister Winter Jefferson - SL’s cutest Male Vampire which recently discovered a more ‘modern’ version of himself ;) - got me a Steampunk Uzi (Yeeey! More guns!) and a few hours of lovely slowdancing.
- Her Royal Red Highness Codie got me tons of Boudoir Rouge Poses and a Filtercam from [Codali].
- I also got tons of umbrellas - yeah, still need to jump -, a Camero Car, the ugliest radio iSL, an Oreo Launcher, Couch Gun (tested on Crap) and a luvgun.
Woot! I feel loved! ;)