Sammy Bourne - the ‘Bourne’ part of BridgesandForrester(andBourne?) together with Stargate Enterainment - throws a Real Life Second Life party slash meeting on Saturday October 13th. That’s in less than two weeks!? And no, I did not get an invite, and yes, I needed to find out via SecondLifeCrew.be. Aargh! :d
I can not find much info about it, but here is what I know:
- Saturday, October 13th 2007 from 8pm - 1am (CET that is? ;))
- Dance club ‘The Sunset‘, Hamme (Oost-Vlaanderen)
- Entrance fee: 5k L$ (which does include coupons for 6 drinks).
- If they do not get 100 people enlisting for the party, it will be cancelled and the L$ will be refunded.
- They promise live DJ’s (Duh! It’s first life, after all), gigs, Second Life gadgets and much more.
Reasons to go
Now, why would I consider attending this Belgian Second Life meeting?
- Shaking Pieter Bosch’s
Reasons to not go
And what keeps me away?
- A bunch of Belgian Second Life residents - including me - have already agreed upon meeting at a concert in November. I am really looking forward to that, as - despite having RL data on most - I’m really really curious about the real life interaction.
- Long distance driving at night.
- The ‘danscafé’ description of the party place reminds me of a local one where - despite good company - I need to be far from sober to last more than 1 hour before saying ‘I go home’. Which does not match with ‘long distance driving at night’.
- Nobody from my ‘narrowed down SL friend list’ - take Vint’s Second Life friend list and do ‘/20′ - is going. As far as I know. Of course, if they are going and did not tell me, they are off the narrowed down SL friend list. :d
It all depends on who is going.
Basically, what I want to say, depending on who is going in combination with ‘reasons to go’ 1 to 4 I might be able to get over ‘reasons to not go’ 1 to 3. So, let’s hear it, who’s going? If you are a Belgian avatar - and I’m aware of that and you think I like you - and are not planning to attend, please tell me too, then I’ll at least know for sure that you are _not_ going.
More information, please!
Questions surrounding the Belgian Real Life Second Life meeting on October 13th still to be answered:
- What is the deadline for registering / paying the 5k L$ and when will we be informed if the party will actually take place?
- Will there be a chance to brush up on my French? Or is it a Flemish Second Life meeting, not a Belgian? And where do I find a flyer in Dutch, French and English?
- If I would attend, you do not expect me to dress in animal print, do you?! ;)
- … and again: Who’s going?