Assignments now available!
Second Life Bloggers Mix’n Match: The Overview
What’s this all about? Well, ArminasX came to me with the idea of ’swapping blogs’ for a few posts. The idea quickly grew into something bigger, and we would like to invite the entire SLogosphere to participate. In this Mix’n Match game, more players means more interaction which means all the more fun.
Why would you participate?
A few good reasons why you would participate in the SL Bloggers Mix’n Match game:
- You hate to be left out.
- You’re looking forward to broaden your virtual horizons, and with this I do not mean maxing your draw distance! ;) Admit it, we all have our ‘hot issues’ we regularely blog about. Would it not be a good thing to look beyond that, to go & write further that we’re used to, and research some new virtual stuff?
- You want to make new friends in the SLogosphere. Because you can never have enough friends or linklove?
- You’re currently suffering from blogblock. You’re desperate for a good story!
- You appreciate a challenge. Demonstrate you can write something that makes some - or absolutely none at all - sense, regardless how comfortable you are with the topic.
- You like the unexpected. Because who knows who will be writing for your blog!
Mixing and matching, how will we do it?
You let us know you want to play by leaving a comment - including a valid email address - either here or on ArminasX’ announcement. You have until Friday the 31th of October to decide if you want to participate in one of the kewlest Second Life blog games ever. That comment will include:
- Your blog’s name & location.
- Your name
- A title and subject for a (Second Life related) blogpost.
- A valid email address.
On November 1st, a innocent hand - I suggest that’s mine, no offence meant, Mr ArminasX Saiman :d - draws the ‘winning’ combinations and those will appear on vintfalken.com and secondeffects.com. Participating SL bloggers will also be notified by email. An example of how the list will look like:
This means that BloggerA will write about a subject suggested by bloggerB on the bloggerC’s blog.
Once you got your ‘blogging mission’ you will start writing on your assigned subject. When your story is finished - and between 500 & 1000 words - you hand it over together with at least one snapshot to illustrate your story to the owner of the blog that will publish it. Deadline to do so is Sunday November 9th. All stories will be published on Wednesday November 12th. The format for that is:
Blogpost & pictures. Style at will.
Author name (+ link to his/her blog)
Person who suggested the subject (+ link to his/her blog)
Link to the blog where your blogpost will appear (optional)
Link to the person who will blog the subject you suggested (optional)
Who is game?
I’ll start with signing myself & vintfalken.com up:
- Blog: vintfalken.com at www.vintfalken.com
- Blogger: Vint Falken
- Subject: The evolution of SLex
- Email: moc.elbazzer@tniv (<- reverse)