There are some clichés that always make you laugh - or at least grin - like the ‘you know you are addicted to…’ lists: You know you are addicted to Second Life when…. It’s funny because they are bound to contain some ’similarities’ to you own behaviour, be it often less extreme. But what if we reverse this game? What on earth would we, worried avatars, say about our humans, when they are playing outside - yet again?
I recently had to remind my human she’s playing to much Real Life lately, so I’ll kick this one off:
You know you are playing to much Real Life when…
- … the propositions you get IRL are actually less honourable than those you get in Second Life.
- … you claim humans can’t fly.
- … you say ‘but people can’t help the colour of their skin’.
- … you think that acquiring land is actually worth something.
- … you are surprised you can hear through walls.
- … you think people are born with genitals.
- … you believe in monogamy.
- … you are sure breasts are supposed to be round in stead of square.
- … you say it’s impossible for man to influence the position of the sun.
- … you forget to take your SwimmingHUD on holidays.
- … you tell everybody plywood is a limited natural resource.
Oops. That’s 11. Which one should I drop? ;) But, dear fellow avies, share your opinions! Anything other signs of RL addiction we’d better warn our humans about?
For those curious, this is how the human looked like a few days ago. Really, can you imagine, she almost has a tan!!!?