‘Hair: Up! Down! Up! Down!‘ must sound like a most non-descriptive title to most of you, but this only because you have not tried Sirena’s ‘Tyra’ hair style - by the renowned Natalia Zelmanov - yet! Or should I say ‘hair styles’? Because for 285L$ you do not get just one hair style, no, you get a ‘loose’ hair style, and an ‘tied up’ hair style. Now, - probably, I’m not such a fanatic - that’s nothing new as it comes to hair styles. What is more amazing, is how you switch between the two hairstyles: with an extremely cute animation!
Not following? Or not believing? Well, here’s some polaroid - you know we can’t cheat with polaroids, it’s instant! - proof. We start off attaching ‘Serina Tyra (L) Blonde - Golden’* to Vint’s head. Immediately after that we attach ‘Serina Tyra Hair Tie-Owner Only (L)’ and look! Wow! I’m tying my hair up into a lovely ponytail. Cute, no? Beware, it becomes even cuter!
* I know, I’m not a natural blond avie, but the demo was blond, and it really fitted the top I was wearing. But of course, besides the Blonde Pack, I also purchased the Black Pack. =d
Now, let’s assume I see a hansom male avie passing by, and I feel more seducing with my hair loose. I can go searching in my inventory for the matching loose hair style, but no… it’s not even that hard. I just click my ‘Hair Tie’ object and select ‘remove’… et voila… whilst being extremely cute, your avatar unties the lints keeping it’s hair together and lets it loosely slide over her shoulder.
Back up? No problem! Re-attach your Hair Tie from your inventory or type ‘/2 menu’ -> ‘Hair Style’ -> ‘Hair Up’ to tie your hair up without using something to suspend it. Amazing, no?
Some more kewl functionality from my new beloved prim hair:
- You can recolour the Hair Tie to match your outfit.
- The Hair Tie comes in an ‘owner only’ and a ‘everybody can play with your hair’ version.
- It comes with a facelight, for which you can adjust on/off, colour and strenght.
- You can wear an ‘up do’ with our without Hair Tie.
- Doing ‘Up! Down! Up! Down! Up! Down!’ with this prim hair will amuse and entertain you for at least 20 minutes.
- This won’t work in non-script areas, or looks rediculous if the sim if there is lag.
- I did not find out how to adjust my hair to cover my ears. (I have neko ears, so the human ones are obsolete.)
Where did I get this great prim hair? At the Hair Fair 2008, of course! But I would have never known about this new revolutionary hair, if Miss Weyland did not show it off to me first. I guess that answers Crap Mariner’s question too. ;)