The SL Blogger’s party CodeBastard Regrave and I hosted was fun fun fun. We had a wide selection of shiny, cute, rusted, steampunk, … robots and androids. And two person in pyjama’s. Although they were very cute, I dare to ask: ‘What do pyjama’s have to do with robots?!’
As promised, Codie and I will give - in order - one year of free Flickr Pro for a Flickr account you choose, a machinimacam by CodeBastard and a lifetime supply of VintLabs outfits to the three persons that took the best SL Bloggers party photograph. So let us know* which photography - only one, please, don’t make choosing any harder than it already is - you submit before Wednesday the 31th of October and we’ll make sure you will get the price. Ow, upload it somewhere please, Flickr maybe? ;)
Ow, and yes, I needed more time than I had to finish my android skin, so I borrowed Chip Midnight’s texture mesh and changed it a bit. Still think the monitor with the ‘mean’ vs. ‘nice’ barometer was a nice touch. The huge amount of mesh on the nose did make me look like micky mouse a bit. :/ But.. ain’t I cute when staring at Dolmere like that? :D
A huge ‘thank you’ and some *purrring* for all that attented and made this Second Life Blogger’s party yet another great one! Special thanks to Codie for prepping her club and getting the stream in order, and to the DJ Balp Allen for playing great music and all of our requests for only tips. Although I think we’ve proven that the SL Bloggers are a generous people… ;)
Photographs in the running for winning a year of Flickr Pro:
- GoSpeed Racer: High on Steam
- Ryker Beck: Panoramic RedHawtness
- Timothy Lilliehook: Vint in Space
- Tary Yeats: Her Royal Redness
- Raul Crimson: Dancing with the Sun
- Nadine Nozaki: Vint & Nadine @ CodeRed
- Looker Lumet: Dolmere at the piano
- Elusyve Jewell: Into the ligth
Blogposts about the SL Blogmeet at the CodeRed Lounge:
- Crap Mariner - Robots “Schroeder, do you ever wonder why people keep messing with classic cartoons to modernize them for modernization’s sake?”
- Raul Crimson - SL Bloggers Party October 21th I just can’t believe there still exist Second Life Residents who do not recognize Veyron’s cute pixelated ass when they see it! Aaargh!
- Nadine Nozaki - Blogger Party at the CodeRed I owe Nadine some thanks for correcting the SLurl and finding us a DJ timely. W00t for Nadine!
- Alysha - Cool Moment - SL Blogger Party ‘The theme was robots, so I looked for three days for a costume I liked. Finally found it (purple of course) and joined the party. I saw some familiar names - Codie, Vint, Raul, Ryker - and some that were not familiar. But everyone was having a great time and, in turn, so did I.’
- GoSpeed Rader - Vote For me Héhé. Sorry, no voting here. Must be an unanimous decision of the jury, which means Codie and I. That will takes some nights of discussion. ;)
- Looker Lumet - Blogger Party October 21th Go and visit the Flickr set. =)
* If you post the URL in the comments here, don’t worry if it does not appear instantly, as I have comment moderation enabled for everything that contains an URL. Ow, and for people that did not comment on vintfalken.com before.