A while ago I called out for Belgian participants for a Second Life photography contest. The submitted photographs are now on display at the New Mardes Club (SLURL) (take the stairs to go upstairs) and the snapshot contest has now reached ‘voting phase’ at the secondlifecrew.be website. Some of my fellow Belgian avies participating are Bella March, Loki Popinjay, Looker Lumet and Mylena Aquitane. Yet I humbly (euhm… well.. sort of humble) ask for your vote for ‘SL Attitude’ - Vint Falken here. Why?
- The photograph I’ve sumitted ‘SL attitude’ (aka Mona Lisa Vanity) really does kick meta-ass. Vanny & Lisa look awefully great in it (they do always look great, but anyway…) and if you want to have a look at the photograph look beyond what is reasonable possible for display in Second Life, there is still the A4 version showing all of the details (2.6MB warning).
- First price is an iPod Nano (the contest is sponsored by vacature.com) and as Zoe pointed out to me, winning that would mean I could actually listen to podcasts without having to drag the laptop along. And then I can throw out the portable audio casette player too. *grins*
So where do you vote? At secondlifecrew.be. Who do you vote for? Me! (If at the voting page you scroll down a bit, you can see square previews of the participating photographs, and if there’s something you really really like more then ‘SL Attitude’ do vote for that one. I think I’ll forgive you. Eventually. ;))
And for the people saying ‘huh?’ and ‘can SL do such detailed snapshots?’ I’ve explained so before, but a little recap:
- File > Take Snapshot or Ctrl+Shift+S
- Save snapshot to hard drive
- What size image do you need? => custom
- Width: 3600 Height: 2400 (or 2400×3600, duh! 3600×3600 still works for me too)
- Take +- 10 snapshots at that size, then crash. To prevent this from happening earlier, make sure you turn ‘auto-snapshot’ off!