February 25, 2009 8:50 pm
Right. I was going to announce this, but in the end, all the paperwork, packing, and saying goodbyes took a bit to much time. So I kept postponing blogging about this until… well… I’ve spend my first night in a lovely apartment in the Camden area. I would write a tremendously long article now about first experiences, how great the apartment looked, how sweet it was from Lokum to come welcome me at the station with a ’slashme loves prim’ Tshirt, and how nice it is to have a friend from Belgium (and appendix) that carried my sleeping gear, and to now spend my first evenings with, were it not that were decided on spending those evenings well. :D So just some random blurbs:
- I’m never leaving the office early EVVAH again. Tube is waaaay to crowded then.
- Bram, there’s a Sushi place at 3 minutes walk from where I live!
- I fell in love with my curtains.
- Still smoking a little, but waay less than in Belgium. I did not have a single cigarette “inside” yet, and planning to keep it this way.
- I went grocery shopping, for now I have: real butter, two ‘real’ breads (got one free, sighs, someone help me eat it?), yoghurt, grapes, cucumber, mature cheddar, coffee (instant, blah) and toilet paper.
- Taking only two pair of shoes, was definitely a mistake.
- My camera gear is still in Belgium, but will come to visit me on Saturday. More images then!
- I got location data on the iPhone images working, but only in Herentals Belgium, not in London. ;( (Scott thinks this might have something to do with the fact that I don’t have an English carrier by default.)
- I did find that hard disk after all! ;)
- I spend half the day installing legal version of Adobe Suite CS3 and then updating it to CS4. Illegal software might be ‘irresponsible’ but at least you get it running in 30 minutes time. *sighs*
- Miss Beatrix Newt is coming to visit us in London soon and will stay at my place. Woot!
- Having to travel 30 minutes is way more annoying, than having to travel 3 meters to work.
- Dear mommy, this means I’m one hour behind on you. So you should not be texting me “good morning” at your 7.30AM!!!
- Jon got me a kick-ass, ‘high-ceilinged’, furnished, old-style but new and neat and clean apartment. (Only, if possible, I’d like to return some of the ‘art’ hanging there to the landlord.)
Any questions? ;)