I don’t know where to start to formulate my surprise, disgust and utter ‘WTF!?’ feelings about this. We all know the broadly offensive rules are hugely broadly offensive themselves: no nipples on PG areas - be it male or female, no excessive sex or violence - not even on mature areas - and what was the latest Linden addition to the definition of broadly offensive: ‘no child avatar in a photograph together with an adult avatar.’ Yep, not even when they are dressed with three pair of pants, five winter coats and a hat. But ok, I’m sure you want to know what’s added to the broadly offensive list this time: depiction of astrological signs. Well, at least some astrological signs. Lion, cancer, sagitarius, … all seem to be fine, but when we come up to the Virgo, it gets tricky.
Loki Popinjay - not that kind of pervert! - showed his ‘Avatar Zodiac’ first at SL5B, where - despite strict rules - nobody seem to have had a problem with it. As it was amazing, the exhibition was prolonged at Rezzable Cannery. Now, after 1 totally crazy puritan sick f*ck reported - abuse reported - Loki Popinjay, Loki got threats from Linden Lab and decided to just burn the photograph himself. An excerpt from the e-mail Loki received from Linden Lab:
Violation: Community Standards: Broadly Offensive Content or Conduct
Real-life images, avatar portrayals, and other depiction of sexual violence including rape, real-life images, avatar portrayals, and other depictions of extreme or graphic violence, and other broadly offensive content are never allowed or tolerated within Second Life.
Nude photo of young girl holding a teddy bear needs to be removed immediately. Alternatively, you may cover up the nudity with photo alterations.
What this does not make sense at all:
- This photograph was up at SL5B, which had a very high ‘puritain’ rating this year. Nobody complained.
- All of the sudden, some idiot flags it, and immediately it is labelled as ‘violation’ and Loki gets threatened with ‘account suspension’, without asking him for explanation. They are milder on ‘content thiefs’!
- I wonder what exactly makes this avie a ‘young girl’. Hips & shape definitely looks adult to me. Maybe the cute curls or the teddy bear?
- I wonder where exactly Lindens finds the ‘nude’. Both nipples & genitals are covered, using hair, arms and the teddy bear.
- What do LL expect for the depiction of a ‘virgin’? I would assume that in the SLT zone, 30 year old virgins are as rare as in Europe?
Loki Popinjay contested this decision by Linden Lab, but got to hear from Harry Linden that this is indeed a violation of ToS and the work needs to be removed or redone. *sighs*